A Letter From Pastor Barry
To the Glory of God!
My calling as a pastor and as a Christian is to know and proclaim Christ through His Word, to lead His people to live in close fellowship with Him and one another, and to make disciples of Christ in the world. Christ is my hope and my strength. To know Him through His Word is the passion of my life. To make Him known is the goal of my life (1 Peter 2:9). His church is the hope of the world. As His church loves one another and journeys through life together, He is glorified and the world is drawn to Him (John13:35). The church’s commission is to make disciples (Matt. 28:18-20). It is thrilling to witness a public profession of faith of Christ; it is even more thrilling for me to watch someone become a life-long follower of Jesus Christ. I have been blessed beyond measure with a wonderful wife and family. My wife, Gay, faithfully walks with Christ alongside me. We have served Him together for over 25 years. She is my beloved, and I am hers. Our children, now almost all grown, love the Lord and are dedicated to finding their place in this world in service to God. What a joy it is to see God doing amazing things in and through HAFBC! You are a great church serving a Great God. Whatever He reveals His will to be, may we seek to glorify Him alone.
Your servant in Christ,
• Senior Pastor, Central Baptist Church, Livingston, TX, 2004-Present
• Senior Pastor, Lancaster Baptist Church, Lancaster, KY, 1999-2004
• Senior Pastor, Immanuel Baptist Church, Danville, KY, 1985-1999
• Bachelor of Ministry in Christian Doctrine, Clear Creek Bible College, Pineville, KY, 1987
• Master of Divinity, Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, Houston Campus, May 2011
• Married 25 years to Gay Jeffries
• Children: Jacob, 21; Daniel, 18; Abby, 13